Welcome to Education News Colorado, the only news service devoted to continuing, in-depth coverage of education policymaking in the legislature and state government and to comprehensive coverage and serious analysis of such issues as school choice, accountability and education reform.
Our goal is to provide the kind of detailed, balanced news and analysis that readers don’t get from interest groups and professional associations or from the commercial media.
- We offer breaking news and detailed stories, plus a section devoted to parents of school-aged children.
- Our Rise & Shine feature provides a roundup of local, state and national headlines each weekday by 7:30 a.m.
- Our databases allow readers to find school and district-level data about test scores, graduation rates and more.
- We offer an education Jobs Board and a Calendar of education-related events as services for our readers.
- We offer real-time tracking of education bills in the legislature.
- We offer weekly newsletters on education issues, a brief daily email of what’s new on the site and a separate, daily newsletter during the legislative session. We also offer a separate newsletter geared to parents. Sign up here.
- For lively opinions from our community, there’s our Voices section.
Education News Colorado is designed to allow its readers to follow education policy as it’s being made and to help them understand how policy interacts with the on-the-ground realities of public education.
Organization and funding
This site is a division of the non-profit Public Education and Business Coalition. EdNews is funded by grants from The Daniels Fund, The Piton Foundation, The Colorado Health Foundation, the Donnell-Kay Foundation, the Walton Family Foundation and the Carson Foundation. Our paid sponsors are the Colorado Association of School Boards, the Colorado Association of School Executives, the Colorado Education Association, the Colorado League of Charter Schools and RBC Capital Markets. We also solicit membership donations and have received donations from more than 100 individuals.
We share a deep interest in education with our partners but the news side of Education News Colorado does not represent particular points of view about governance, curriculum, testing, financing or any other education issue.
Our opinion section, like the op-ed section of a newspaper, is editorially separate from our news section. Our blog contributors represent a range of opinions and beliefs about education, and their positions are theirs alone. We aim to be a forum for a diversity of thought on education issues.
We believe Education News Colorado provides the most complete and thought-provoking coverage of education available in Colorado – and a national model for issue-area coverage in the era of online news.
Terms and conditions of use
All contents Copyright 2009-2012 by EdNewsColorado.org, or other copyright holders. All rights reserved. Material on this site may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed for any commercial purpose and must be properly credited when cited or quoted.
EdNewsColorado.org respects the privacy of its users. Information gathered through applications such as cookies or from users through registration is not shared with or sold to third parties.
EdNewsColorado.org is not responsible for the content of other websites that may be linked from this one.
Our users are expected to observe common courtesy and respect in blog comments and any other interactive features and to avoid personal attacks, profanity and libel. EdNewsColorado.org assumes no responsibility or liability for the content of user comments and does not edit such comments. However, EdNewsColorado.org reserves the right to reject or remove entire comments at its discretion.